Bite-sized pasta tubes with mild, chewy texture, you can create all sorts of artworks by adding your favorite veggies and other ingredients. Even without Italian seasoning it tastes so good. Seasoning mix from noodles packet gives a nice twist in this recipe.
I tried this in an Indian way, little spicy. I didn't add cheese in this recipe. If you like, top with Parmesan cheese. Since there is no cheese, there should be more sauce otherwise it would become dry. I have used 2 cups of pasta and 4 to 5 cups of combined vegetables. An healthy version of pasta with more veggies and no cheese. Give a try.....
- Penne pasta or shapes of your choice - 2 cups
- Tomatoes - 4
- Onion - 1
- Broccoli - few florets
- Carrot -2
- Bell peppers - 2 cups (red and green)
- Spinach - 1/2 cup
- Zucchini - 2
- Green chilly or Jalapeno - 1
- Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp
- Seasoning mix from noodles - 1 tsp
- Pasta Sauce (any flavor) - 1 cup
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 2 pods
- Pitted black olives - 4
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain the water. Chop the vegetables into big chunks. In a large skillet, add olive oil and garlic.
Add onion, after few minutes add veggies one by one, tomatoes, pasta sauce and red chilly powder, noodles masala and salt.
After the veggies are cooked, toss with pasta and cook for 3 minutes. Serve hot topped with olives.
- If pasta is dry, you can add the cooked and drained pasta water.
- Tomatoes can be replaced with canned ones. Reduce the spice level as per your taste.
- Seasoning mix of noodles - I used schezwan from ching's secret. You can use any seasoning mix.