Thursday, October 18, 2012

Vegan peanut butter mug cake

Very rarely I prepare the mug cake, most of the time when Ro wants a cake I do One minute cake in microwave. This time I thought of doing with peanut butter then got an idea of doing it vegan so skipped milk and used flax seed powder. The flax seed powder has a nutty flavor, so easily blends with this cake. Try adding walnuts or any nuts to give an extra taste.

If you are a peanut lover u will like this taste. It was so soft and moist. You can add a pinch of baking soda too.


Recipe reference :  My happy place

Ingredients:

  • All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
  • Baking powder - 1 tsp
  • Peanut butter - 2 tbsp
  • Flax seed powder - 1 tbsp
  • Warm water - 3 tbsp
  • Oil - 2 tbsp
  • Sugar - 2 tbsp 

Method:


In a coffee mug or any wide mug combine flax seed powder and water. Let it rest for 5 minutes.

Add oil, peanut butter, sugar,baking powder, flour and combine together.

Give a nice whisk. Microwave it for 1 minute 30 seconds.

Serve warm.


23 comments:

divyagcp said...

Love mug cakes anytime..

radha said...

Just what is needed to satisfy those sweet cravings in a jiffy! Has a nice colour even though it was made in the MW.

divya said...

Mouth watering clicks, feel like grabbing it!

VineelaSiva said...

Wow the cake looks nice.Never try this.Will give a try.

Akila said...

Very yummy n soft texture

Event: Dish name starts with P

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Mug cake with peanut butter looks yummy...

Unknown said...

Lovely, looks nice & fluffy

Blog - http://shwetainthekitchen.blogspot.com/
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/ShwetaintheKitchen

Sangeetha Nambi said...

Really yummy and its soft toooo.......
http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

vandana rajesh said...

Delicious looking mug cake. Have a sandwiches and burgers event at my blog, pl do join in. http://cookingupsomethingnice.blogspot.com/2012/10/sandwiches-and-burgers-food-fun.html

Satya said...

wow wonderful cake ...looks awesome n quick to prepare Super Yummy Recipes

Menaga Sathia said...

mouthwateing,wonderful mugcake!!

Unknown said...

i am not a fan of peanut butter but this looks so yum

Reva said...

I love mug cakes and peanut butter is my favourite flavour.. to have both combine is divine..:)
Reva

Vimitha Durai said...

Love mug cakes and this looks yum...

Julie said...

Not a big fan of peanut butter..but this looks delicious ,Anu:)
Join my ongoing EP events-Rosemary OR Sesame @ Now Serving

agnès said...

yummy ! perfect for this weekend's rainy weather...

runnergirlinthekitchen.blogspot.com said...

I love mug cakes.. perfect for my sweet cravings

Faseela said...

yummy peanut butter cake..,..

Priya Suresh said...

Prefect for a sudden cravings, yummy mug cake.

Hema said...

Though not a big fan of peanut butter, this looks yummy..

Mrsblocko said...

I made this and wrote about it here. Mine did not turn out at all. It exploded in the microwave! I'm thinking I messed up somehow with the flax?

The uncooked batter tasted great, but when it exploded in the cooking process it turned the batter into something not so pleasant.

I keep my flax in the fridge. I couldn't find an expiration date on it. do you think maybe it went bad and that was the culprit?

hotpotcooking said...

The batter must be mixed properly. Even I keep my flax in the fridge but I am not sure where is the problem.

Unknown said...

Lloved all ur recipes here u ha a great space

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Show all post